- wage increases of $2.20 over the course of the contract for full time workers, with some part time workers going from $11.12 to $16 over the life of the contract
- moving all full-time workers to six paid sick days by the second year of the contract
- funding towards a Labor-Management Cooperation Fund that will work towards a green education initiative
- reducing cost of health insurance for individuals and families
- incorporating sexual harassment policies into contract
The 4,000 commercial janitors join the 2,000 security officers who also won a strong contract in February. That means 6,000 of the 8,000 SEIU Local 26 members have now settled their contracts, leaving retail janitors & airport passenger service workers as the two biggest groups still working to reach deals. At the airport, two of the three main contractors have reached agreement, leaving only Prospect who is holding out on giving a new contract to the workers on the front line of keeping our airports safe and running.
The janitorial workers are employed by over a dozen different subcontractors like ABM & Marsden to clean the MSP Airport along with corporate office buildings like IDS, Capella Tower, EcoLab, U.S. Bank, Wells Fargo, United Health Group, Ameriprise and many more across the Twin Cities.